Tile has superior heat transference properties, making you feel cool as long as the room is cold. This is why many who live in subtropical climates (like Florida) install tile in their bedrooms; they like to step out on something cool first thing in the morning.
Remember that it can also work the other way; if the sun has been beating down on your patio and deck and you walk out with bare feet, expect it to be hot.
This is one of its significant benefits. For the upcoming year, you can expect to see a lot of botanical prints, metallics, distinctive shapes, and large format sizes; wood and stone look, and an assortment of colors that range from subtle earth tones to pastels and bold shades. In other words, there is something for every person and budget at the tile store.
Other benefits include:
1. Durability: Porcelain is heavier and denser, appropriate as a floor tile for busy, heavily trafficked areas indoors and out. Ceramic squares, when glazed, have a tough outer shell that makes them almost impossible to crack.
2. Waterproof capabilities: Porcelain has an almost non-existent water absorption level, making it waterproof whether or not it's glazed. Ceramics, too, are waterproof, and all have different water absorption levels that determine how and where they can be installed.
3. Improving indoor air quality: Tile is made from earth-friendly materials, such as clay, sand, and glass, making it chemical-free, without any VOC (volatile organic compounds) emissions. The lack of these harmful substances from the breathing zone ultimately improves indoor air quality.
4. Electric bill savings: Because of the heat transference property, they can keep a cool room cooler or a warm one warmer. That saves on air conditioning and heating bills.
5. Cost-effectiveness: First, know that there's a long lifespan; when taken care of, tiles can last 50 years or more, significantly reducing repair and replacement costs. Second, you can create your price points by mixing and matching pieces, using some as field tiles and others as accents. The experts at our tile shop can give you some great ideas.
Whether you’re attracted to the style of old-world terracotta or the modern and sleek ceramic metro chic, tile flooring will give your space visual appeal and countless functional benefits. Come into the Haight Carpet & Interiors showroom in Woodinville, WA, especially if you live or work in or near Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell, and Bellevue to learn more and get a free quote.